What is it all about?
Basically, the Gemüse Ackerdemie is an academy for showing children in kindergarten, pupils and students how food grows and how it is grown. A group of innovative young farmers has built this academy for working with schools and kindergartens so that the children can grow/farm their own food.
The notion of “Ackerdemie” plays on the German words for “field” (Acker) and “academy” (Akademie)
Why it is a Best Practice?
The Gemüse Ackerdemie is considered a best practice for several reasons:
- Growing vegetables can take place in the vicinity of the school ,that in a field owned by the school or belonging to a nearby farmer
- It teaches the teachers on how to work with the children, when it comes to the topic of local food and healthy food
- It teaches the children how food is grown
- It builds up the network between schools and farmers
- It is easy to understand and implement in the school system, when the Ackerdemie team is cooperating as a partner with the school
Pupils & Students, School managers, Teachers, Kitchen staff, Parents, Food producers
For more information
Contact: Ackerdemia e.V., Prager Strasse 19, 14482 Potsdam, Germany.
Phone: 0163-254 11 09
Look for more details