What is it all about?
The National Action Plan “IN FORM” aims at bringing about lasting improvements in dietary and exercise habits in Germany by 2020. It is the intention of the federal government that adults should live healthier and that children should experience a healthier upbringing. Thus, our children should benefit from a higher quality of life and better physical and mental ability in their education, jobs and private lives.
IN FORM are supported by:
- A national agency with different networking units in Germany
- A central website
- With projects, best practises, information, materials and guidelines …
- … nationwide throughout Germany
The overall aim is to support the rising awareness among consumers, who focus on how to foster a better personal health condition.
Why it is a Best Practice
The initiative IN FORM provides:
- Guidelines, for example quality guidelines, which are important for the school administrations;
- A platform for networking and dialogue between schools, administration, science community and other stakeholders;
- A lot of hands-on information and best practices.
Pupils & Students, School managers, Teachers, Kitchen staff, Parents, Food producers, Retailers, the Federal government and the Science community
For more information
Contact: IN FORM Geschäftsstelle
Referat 525 – Ernährung und Prävention
Bundesanstalt für Landwirtschaft und Ernährung (BLE)
Deichmanns Aue 29, 53179 Bonn
Dr. Daniel Schoenert, phone 0228 99 6845-3523
Stefanie Hollberg, phone: 0228 99 6845-3613
Amelie Dübner, phone: 0228 99 6845-3765
IN FORM website: www.in-form.de/buergerportal/start.html
The Lower Rhein University examines the quality of school meals: www.ag-schulverpflegung.de
More information and guidelines about school meals: www.schuleplusessen.de